A recent industry magazine blog post offered up some surprising findings regarding how a number of companies view the importance of a Transportation Management System (TMS).
The author’s research indicated that nearly half of the companies he talked with were not convinced the ROI justified purchasing a TMS. The top reasons for this were spelled out by the author included in this order:
- Payback was not clear
- Not a priority for the Executive team
- Lack of organizational readiness
- Considering a 3PL as an alternative
I’m not sure which companies were a part of the blog author’s studies; but you can be sure that FASCOR TMS users were not among them.
Consider FASCOR TMS/WMS customer, ORR Safety. The company’s integrated FASCOR TMS/WMS approach is delivering some staggering yearly savings of $500,000.
Want to learn more? Contact us here. We’re always interested to learn about your specific distribution challenges.
FASCOR TMS capabilities and options include:
- Multi carrier shipping systems means one system for multiple carriers to simplify the shipping process and deliver maximum resource utilization
- Insures carrier compliance & eliminates carrier charge-backs while facilitating best and least cost selection of services through Rate Shopping
- Business Rules Manager (BRM) allows customers to implement unlimited rules to enforce internal policies, routing instructions and or customer requirements
- Open, powerful, state-of-the-art design shortens integration time and simplifies user training
- N-Tier Architecture provides a highly scalable solution capable of
supporting an unlimited number of locations and users
- Bar Code and other auto-id technology improves shipping accuracy and reduces data errors, processing time and paper work
- Built in tools to improve customer support through online shipment information
- Easy-to-use web browser based functionality that includes broad reporting functions using Crystal Reports™
- Advanced Application Programming Interfaces (EEAPI) allows FASCOR TMS to be fully integrated with other business systems including ERP and Warehouse Management
- Full integration for order entry requirements including, pre-routing, rate shopping based on cost and in-transit times, carrier delivery confirmation data and customer service needs
- Carrier certified by UPS, FedEx, USPS and others